Northpower’s Telecommunications team design, construct, operate and maintain both blown fibre and traditional fibre optic cable networks.
We have the capability to capture fibre optic grid plans and GIS data to support fibre optic network systems and have developed a number of unique methods of mitigating the visual impact of aerial fibre optic installations.
As a network owner and contractor we understand the complexities of building, developing and maintaining from both a cost structure and return of investment point of view, driving an integrated service model.
Our capabilities include all aspects of fibre telecommunications equipment installation and maintenance. From complete exchange or communications room fit-outs through to single unit equipment installations as well as network optimisation, customer connections, fibre installation and splicing, jointing and terminating.
Northpower also offers a comprehensive range of services for outside plant including network design, network solutions and planning, maintenance, equipment installation or testing and commissioning.
Fibre Telecommunications capabilities include:
- Cisco IOS implementation
- Class of service design using IEEE 802.1p networks
- Designing EPON architecture and installing EPON equipment
- Troubleshooting, support services and fault restoration
- Tagged and double tagged VLAN design
- Managing client information systems and as-built records into GIS and PNI
- Installation of blown fibre in multi-duct, aerial and underground
- Installation of traditional fibre, direct-buried or ducted
- Fibre splicing, terminating, testing and commissioning