Last updated: 01:43pm, 24th Mar 2020
As an essential service, Northpower’s priority is to keep the power and fibre broadband running for our customers, ensuring the ongoing reliability of our networks and the safety of our staff and community during this Level 4 response. Find out more about what to expect during this time and how to contact us.
During 2019 we’re spending $9.53 million on a number of upgrades to our network, including planning for the new Maunu substation build – our first new substation since 2007.
- Kioreroa substation 33kV upgrade (completion in May 2019)
- Onerahi substation upgrade (completion in May 2019)
- Whangarei South substation upgrade (completion in December 2019)
- Pole and conductor replacements across the network (ongoing)
- Maunu substation commission and build (completion in January 2022
These projects will help ensure a reliable power supply to meet our customers’ future needs, while improving safety and environmental compliance along the way.
If you're interested in learning more about upgrades happening on the Northpower network, you can read more in our Asset Management Plan documents.