Last updated: 08:15am, 9th Oct 2021
As an essential service, Northpower’s priority is to keep the power flowing to our customers and ensure the ongoing reliability of the network and the safety of our staff and community during this COVID-19 response. Find out more about what to expect during this time and how to contact us.More Information
During 2019 we’re spending $9.53 million on a number of upgrades to our network, including planning for the new Maunu substation build – our first new substation since 2007.
- Kioreroa substation 33kV upgrade (completion in May 2019)
- Onerahi substation upgrade (completion in May 2019)
- Whangarei South substation upgrade (completion in December 2019)
- Pole and conductor replacements across the network (ongoing)
- Maunu substation commission and build (completion in January 2022
These projects will help ensure a reliable power supply to meet our customers’ future needs, while improving safety and environmental compliance along the way.
If you're interested in learning more about upgrades happening on the Northpower network, you can read more in our Asset Management Plan documents.