A quick chat with a staff member at your local Northpower branch is often all that is required to resolve your concern. Our staff member will complete a feedback form to forward to our Feedback Coordinator who will take personal responsibility for ensuring your complaint is investigated promptly.
Our Feedback Coordinator will listen to your complaint and ensure it is thoroughly investigated and resolved as quickly and fairly as possible. We endeavour to resolve all formal complaints within a period of 20 days.
- Call our Whangarei Head Office on (09) 430 1803 between 7.30am - 5pm weekdays and ask to speak with our Feedback Coordinator. Our Feedback Coordinator will take personal responsibility for ensuring your complaint is investigated promptly.
- Alternatively, use our feedback form. Our Feedback Coordinator will attend to the matter and act quickly to resolve your complaint.
Energy Complaints Scheme
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint in this time, it is said to have reached ‘deadlock’.
Deadlock can occur when:
- a) the complaint has taken longer to resolve than 20 Working Days and the Scheme Member concerned has not notified the Complainant in writing that it has good reason to extend the time for resolving the complaint and what that good reason is or
b) the complaint has taken longer to resolve than 40 Working Days
- the Scheme Member concerned has made it clear that they do not intend to do anything about the complaint; or
- the Complainant would suffer unreasonable harm from waiting any longer; or
- it would otherwise be unjust to wait any longer
If your complaint has reached deadlock, you can seek free and independent assistance from Utilities Disputes Ltd within two months.
Northpower is a member of the Energy Complaints Scheme. To find out more about the Energy Complaints Scheme and the process for registering a complaint with Utilities Disputes Ltd, please use the link or the following contact details:
Utilities Disputes Ltd
PO Box 5875
Freephone: 0800 22 33 40
Freefax: 0800 22 33 47