To maximise the positive impacts and minimise the negative impacts that Northpower's activities, products or services may have upon human health and the environment and to ensure compliance with the relevant environmental legislation.
This policy has been adopted by the Management Team and staff at Northpower.
Northpower will demonstrate leadership and continual improvement in environmental management. In all activities, Northpower will seek to identify, monitor and improve the impact on the environment. To this end, Northpower will:
- Aim to achieve a level of performance which, goes beyond that required of the Resource Management Act 1991and all statutory requirements and conditions of consents relating to environmental matters
- Continually improve our performance as measured by our environmental objectives and their associated targets
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and consumption and commit to recovery and recycling as opposed to disposal
- Identify, implement and promote ways to improve efficient use of resources, including energy and water
- Increase public awareness of environmental issues and the actions people can take by promoting environmental education and training both within Northpower and external contractors and the wider community
- Incorporate environmental performance standards into contracts and service level agreements for suppliers and contractors who meet the same high environmental standards imposed on Northpower
- Adopt a structured environmental management system based on ISO 14001 standard. This system will be the means by which, environmental objectives and targets, are set and reviewed
- Include environmental considerations in all business planning, including options to reduce or eliminate adverse effects on the environment resulting from Northpower’s activities
- Produce an annual report on the state of the environment management system
- Ensure that the environmental policy is communicated to all employees and made available to the public.
Browse our Knowledge Base
Did you know?
All Northpower employees who work in the field have a refresher course every 6 months on first aid, CPR, emergency rescue and safe work practices.